Wednesday, March 12, 2008

... But he uses Dial!!

While I was flipping through the channels ahead of results yesterday's primaries in Mississippi (Barack Obama trounced Hillary Clinton, 61 percent to 37 percent), I noticed something on Fox News Channel that made me chuckle.

If you watch FNC for elections coverage, you have seen the "Election Notes" box in the lower left-hand corner of the screen. This is the place, presumably, where writers post short items about the campaigns.

Yesterday, one note read, "HRC says B.O. not ready to be cmdr. in chief."

B.O.?

I laughed.

I kept watching the notes scroll for a minute, and the writers apparently had trouble deciding when to use the candidates' last names and when to abbreviate. From what I saw, space wasn't a concern; there were several times when "Clinton" and/or "Obama" would have fit, instead of "HRC" and "B.O."

Obama may be running to be the leader of the free world, but to writers at FNC, he's just B.O.