Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Voting at the Best Western

Timeout from national politics for a moment to tell you about my experience today.

Took my little girls with me to vote in the Alabama primary this afternoon. We arrived just after 5 at the Best Western. Business was brisk, but service was efficient, delivered under the watchful eye of the county elections supervisor, who was standing conspicuously nearby. I asked about turnout percentage across the county, and he said he stood by his pre-election day prediction of 25 to 30 percent. But he said he expects 55 percent or more to turn out in November.

My six-year-old traced the line I drew to indicate my choice for president as my three-year-old watched. If that doesn't put a smile on your face, nothing will!

Here we are outside the polling place before going in to do our civic duty.



I also want you to know that my six-year-old can name all the major candidates by first and last name and party affiliation.

I am such a proud mama!!