Tuesday, February 19, 2008

CHOMP: The newest term in the political lexicon

I don't know why this is so funny to me, but I am in near-hysterics over something that I just heard on CNN!!

Statistical analyst Bill Schneider was discussing exit polls with fellow anchor (anchorette?) Soledad O'Brien. Making the point that Obama drew 49 percent of Democratic women in Wisconsin today as opposed to 43 percent of Democratic women on Super Tuesday, Schneider said Obama was biting into Clinton's base:

"CHOMP."

No, really; he said "CHOMP."

Then he said it again when talking about another demographic ... "CHOMP!"

I told my husband, I got a mental picture of an old public service announcement that used to run on TV when I was a kid:


CHOMP!!

I was so busy laughing, I could hardly write this post.

Now I have to go get a tissue to wipe my eyes.


CHOMP!!