Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jon Stewart ...

... is Larry King's guest tonight.

Blech.

I guess it's just me, but I've never understood Stewart's particular brand of humor. I don't even really consider it to be effective political satire. As I said a few months back when there was a chance -- however disgusting -- that Steven Colbert would besmirch a debate in South Carolina with his presence, I think there's a difference between good satire and speech that is based on a plain hatred of the thing being critiqued.

You can read the rest of the post here:

http://clarioncaller.blogspot.com/2008/02/hillarys-gender-politics-cheapens.html

The section about Stewart and Colbert is at the bottom.

As for the Larry King interview, even the commercials for it made me want to reach for the remote. Stewart said something unintelligible about monkeys.

?????

At least we'll have the debate tomorrow night.