Thursday, February 21, 2008

Round 10: Earmarks and transparency

Why won't Obama release list of earmarks?

We did, I believe in transparency. I passed "Google for government" with fiscal conservative Tom Coburn (R-Okla.). Idea is to open up the process so Americans can make judgments about whether government is doing what it should with taxpayer money. Let's not forget that many of these are worthy programs in states, and I have supported those.

Clinton, on pork barrel spending, does McCain have a better case to make to Americans than you?

No, because he supported wasteful tax cuts of Bush Adminstration and Iraq war, she says (this was a great comeback). "We borrow money from the Chinese to buy oil from the Saudis" (great soundbite). Who is going to move us toward fiscal responsibility? I believe I can get us back on path we were on (surplus and strong economy).

Round 10 to Clinton.